2011年3月11日 星期五

A letter replied to a reader

Dear xx,
Thanks for letting me share your view.
Fortune is not necessarily born innate. 幸福不是與生俱來。
My family, like many others, moved from mainland to HK in the aftermath of confiscation by the Communist Party.  Sure, you recalled my memory that we could only have chicken during big events such as a few major festivals, and in a period we were not even able to afford a chicken at all.  I absolutely agree that wealth growth derives from hard effort.  I myself also accumulated from nothing.  As far as education is concerned I only formally attended half term in middle school.  I think you also have had hard times in the past and I believe you are now enjoying what you deserve.

Time is progressing. We are hardly to take the same gauge of measurement comparing with what we experienced years ago.  Even among the most hardships today in Hong Kong, they are still better off than what we were.  My message yesterday merely wants to bring out a scene of suffering of the poor children.  McDonald, to most families, is a very common place where they could enter at any time.  Because of its success in advertisement, it is a symbolic place welcomed by all children.  I do rarely visit McKee nowadays, but no doubt it was a popular place during our children's infancy, despite of its junk quality - there is no dispute between us.  But what would our children feel, having watched the frequent TV ads every day, yet the parents for some reasons (poverty) were not able to entertain them.
P.S.  In the mentioned Round Table event, we ordered extra after the meal for them to carry home.  I rather not liked the food, but I enjoyed the pleasure.  Please keep sending me your expression on any subjects.
Best regards

沒有留言:

張貼留言